Hope

Hope

Saturday, May 30, 2015

I Thought It Was Heartburn..I Was Wrong

So last evening, after almost two days of what I thought was heartburn, got a "go to the ER" from my oncologist.  So, I did.

After 5 hours, scans and tests, it was determined that I have pneumonia, or that's what it looks like.  I got 5 days of steroids and follow up in Atlanta with my pulmonary doc if I'm not better or get worse before then. Yay cancer! (sarcasm for those that don't know me).

Let me tell you, it is painful, very painful to swallow or breathe deep. It also looks like the pneumonia is around my primary tumor that is hopefully still inactive.  We will find out around June 19th.  Please pray for it all to be still in active.  I can handle pneumonia.

So, I'm having a hard time sleeping but about to take another sleeping pill and rest for the next few days.  It's just so frustrating.  I thought I was overreacting by going to the ER, but when it comes to cancer, you can never be too careful.  So don't feel silly if you go and nothing is wrong.   Better to be safe than sorry!

Now that we know something is wrong, probably pneumonia, I can keep an eye on it and take care of it.  I just have so much to do this week, it's going to be hard to not do it.  I'm blessed to have friends and family that are willing to help.

Well, that's the update for now.  I'm about to try and go back to sleep.  So happy for the ID channel that's my 24 hour a day go to entertainer when I'm so tired.

Thank you for your continuous prayers for my friends and me.  They mean so much.  You all make me feel so blessed.  And most importantly, I thank God for still being here.

Silver Lining:  No blood clot, I'm still here, get to rest by doctor's order (but will be hard)!


2 comments:

  1. I am adding you to my prayers. I will pray and believe for your full healing and recovery. Medical science has made so many advances in cancer treatment, but there is no substitute for faith in God when you are battling for your life. Doctors can administer medicines and treatments, but healing comes from God. I am in a battle with bone cancer and I have determined to blog my experience as well. I started blogging just over four weeks ago and am delighted to have found your blog. today. I will read your blog and I will pray for you. You are welcome to read mine as well. I hope it will inspire you and give you encouragement as we travel this road together. http://atwarwithcancer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. contact us

    ReplyDelete