Hope

Hope

Monday, May 18, 2015

Is That a Half Cancerversary?

The goal of my blog today is to beat Lisa Goldman in getting it out there.  It seems like it's been a year since my last one, but really it's been a week.  So, what's changed in a week?

I got out of that funk I had due to the stress overload.  Thank you for all of your prayers.  I moved to a house and away from the third floor condo I've been in for nearly 5 years.  Thanks to John, Dustin, Waggy, etc. for moving my furniture and Wes, Karley, and Zoe for helping me unpack and break it in and my new neighbor Brent for all he's done including feeding me that first night (I literally had no food!).  I never really knew my neighbors at the condo, but this seems like it will be a great neighborhood for Karley.  One of her friends even lives across the street.

Jace and Sugar (the cats) have decided they will no longer drink tap water since moving, and are now only drinking bottled water.  Seriously.  I couldn't get them to drink until I gave them bottled water.  It's been stressful for them, but they'll be fine.

I still haven't finished moving everything, but most of it is here and will try to get the rest out this week.  

In other news, I didn't mention this in my last few blogs, but I got awarded Healthline's Top 10 Lung Cancer Blogs of 2015.  You can read the full list here http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/best-lung-cancer-blogs  Thank you Healthline for such an honor.  I've met a lot of these people and they are amazing.  We had a little group at the Lungevity Summit. 

  

Never, did I think I would be a blogger.  But, it's a really good outlet when you go through so much emotionally and physically.  You don't have to explain your story and cry.  You write, others read, and maybe you can help someone else in the same situation.  

Well, that's my quick update for now.  Thank you for your continuous prayers.  Next week will be exactly 2 1/2 years since diagnosis.  Is that a half cancerversary?  I've never been big on half birthdays, but I think this calls for a celebration.  November is so far away!

Please continue praying for Gretchen Mitchell Anderson and Carmen Frye.  Your prayers are helping so much.  


No comments:

Post a Comment