Hope

Hope

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Contentment

 Since beginning this journey, I have always felt a bit of unease.  I wanted to make sure Karley knew God.  She's now a camp counselor at Camp Connect in St. Simons for the summer.  She could've gone to summer school, or worked to save for money, but she chose to teach youth about God.

She already feels like she's grown so much.  Every time she goes to this camp she comes out filled with the Holy Spirit.  My mind is at ease knowing her love of God, I am content.  I don't worry about anything anymore.  That was the important thing.  As a parent, I would die for her.  So, knowing that she knows God, I am at peace.

Although I'm at peace, I discovered in a recent bone scan that I have 3 fractured ribs from radiation in 2019 and 2 more lit up (all on the same side).  My slap tear is still causing me issues, orthopedic surgeon on August 8th.  Going for my ribs and rotator cuff.

The radiologist noticed something abnormal at the beginning of my small intestine, but getting scans next month to make sure it's resolved.

I have a bump on my back that moves around.  It's pretty big but since it's not attached, I don't want to do a biopsy.


I found out at the beginning of April that my health insurance plan dropped me because I moved states.  So, I had to find another one and it's delayed all of my routine appointments.

Please reach out if anyone needs help navigating the lung cancer community.  I'll even go to the hospital with you to go over results and ask questions.  Lung cancer is so confusing.  And you don't have to smoke to get it.  


Ok.  The best part, pictures!  I can't believe she will be 20 in six months.  Giving me a year to live, I'm going on 12.  God has truly blessed me.  I recently moved to Jacksonville so if anyone needs a friend, I'm here for that too.  Still meeting people.   God bless you all!











Volunteering San Marco Preservation Society


Finally got some Senior Pictures








Rest in Paradise Patty Watkins  - You fought a good fight, you finished the race, you were ready.  Love you always.


My father's new memorial garden.

I miss him so much.




Karley joined and played for the club team at Georgia Southern.  She's now the acting president.  Only two slots available, she made it.  They went to NATIONALS!












She is happy.  That's all a mama could ask for.  







No comments:

Post a Comment