Hope

Hope

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Overdue Update

Lung Cancer Milestones















 Well, I've been super busy lately.  Cancer Treatment side effects are driving me to wits end.  My nails have been curling under the skin making them painful. Both toenails and fingernails.  So many people have treated me like I'm a drug seeker for the past 10 years, including my own PCP. 

With my targeted treatments I can only use narcotics, not any NSAIDS.  So, I've been breaking away from most social media because it's not real life.  And somtimes it makes me sad.  So, I'm living my real life through this blog.  It's not fake, not sunshine and roses; but exhaustion and painful joints and too many medications.  And by the way, I just began palliative care.  I'm not giving up. I'm trying to be more comfortable and live my best life.

My scans have remained stable, so far I've been blessed. And watching Karley graduate is my next milestone.   I cannot believe I started this blog when she was 7, and she will be 18 in January.

I praise God constantly for the time he has given me.  Life can change in an instant.  Be strong, for He is always with you.  So far this year, I've seen the unprecedented conviction of the first hate crime in the state of Georgia, with the conviction of the spineless men behind the death of Ahmaud Arbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment