Hope

Hope

Monday, July 2, 2018

The Neverending Catch 22

Well, Happy July everyone!  I am officially 5.5 years into this Lung Cancer club.  Don't get me wrong.  The people are amazing.  But this club SUCKS. I was sick practically the entire month of June.  I was falling asleep constantly, not remembering anything, and really making no sense when people tell me what I messaged.  One night I woke up singing a song from "The Little Mermaid".   Ummmm....I don't know.  Really.  Anyway....

So, you get diagnosed and begin to grasp at every long term lung cancer story you can find.   Because you want to survive.  It's natural.  Finally you find those people.  Some are very long term, some are just starting out like you.  With these people, you feel like you are understood.  Finally, someone who knows I look healthy and normal and I'm not just being lazy, but am exhausted from the meds or whatever else is going on at the time.  They get that I chill at home a lot.  They get I'm not supermom or working my butt off somewhere to feed my child.  They get that my goal is to survive to raise my child.  They get it.  Caregivers get it too.  Except sometimes I think it's worse for them as well as close family and friends, because they are the ones left behind when the other shoe drops, which breaks my heart.

But lung cancer patients have that fear too.  They get left behind too.  We develop these close friendships with each other.  Depend on each other for support and understanding, and then, one day, one of us is gone.

I can't begin to tell you how many friends I've lost to this disease or the emotional damage it really has done.  I am at the point where I'm afraid to lose any friends.  Not just to death, but in life.  It's really a mental issue with me now I think.  I'm afraid my friends will forget me because I can't go do all that they can and my lung cancer friends will die.  I can't not be friends with cancer people.  That's not fair to them or me.  They, as well as I, want to be happy and need the support.  At the same time, it is literally gut wrenching to lose a close one.  It's another scar on my heart.

So, what do I do?  I will be alone if I stray from the lung cancer community.  But if I stay, I'll continue to get hurt with the losses.  I'm going to stay.  Because I really believe that each of these people deserve the same love and compassion as anyone else, despite the scars I may acquire.  I love the following quotes:

"Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises, maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it' - unknown

Another is by one of the longest lung cancer survivors I know of, I have several of his books.  Greg Anderson - "Cancer opens many doors.  One of the most important is your heart".

So, though I lose people, I'm strong.  It's devastating and each time it takes me a little longer to recover.  But I have faith I will see them again. I have to hold on to that to make it through this.

Thanks for listening, and thank you for your continuous prayers.  Please continue to pray for my friend Kelly, a lc patient, and my soul sister, that is having a hard time right now and my best friend Amanda and her family along with another lc patient friend, Ray.  Wth, pray for us all!  I remember choosing Kelly a few years back to write a blog about during lung cancer awareness month.  I guess that's where our friendship began. I'll try to get a happier post up if I can get my teenage daughter out of the house!  She hates the beach now.  We live on an island....smh.

God bless you all










2 comments:

  1. Philippians 4:7
    "And the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

    ReplyDelete


  2. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididanspelltemple for the cure, he will help you out
    with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete