Hope

Hope

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Sometimes, a grown up likes to play Fortnite -J. and Dad

Just want to let you guys know, my name is Samantha Mixon, I was diagnosed with stage 4 NSCLC with an EGFR mutation in 2012.  Now, I'm assuming J's dad thinks I'm not the real Samantha Mixon...but come on.  Those that know me know I've loved playing video games when stuck in the house.  Right now, I'm stuck.  And I'm not ashamed.   We play Fortinite in this house.  It gives me an escape when I desperately need one. How do I prove you prove to someone you are who you say you are?  Well, I'm writing in now.....and Please, Facetime me J's dad.    You have no idea what I've been through.  So playing a video game helps.  Dad cannot do research and say I am fake, just because I have articles online..  J's got my number.  Facetime me.  Please.  

And to all the moms and dads out there, when I play and kids are playing, I don't let your kids cuss or pick on others.  It's not right and sometimes mom and dad don't see that.  So, Mr. Jerzee's dad, I challenge you to facetime me.  So you can see, I have been fighting for my life for 10 years.  I'll show you my array of wigs or the black dress I wore to the superbowl.  And would even show you my daughter but she's out of town. 

So, It is very disheartening, that an adult such as yourself can come to the conclusion that I'm fake.  Especially after this fight for my lfe that I'm still in.  However, I will continue to fight with God on my side, and when you meet him at the pearly gates, you can explain why you lied to your daughter.  J, It was fun playing on there with you.   But I cannot stand liars.  If you have a question, ask it..  Dont ASSume, because you know, thats a bad look.  A little disappointed in you too J. You didn't do your own research.

However, J's Dad, I do applaud you for keeping up with who your daughter was playing with.  Too many parents these days don't do that.  But if I end up playing with your kid, rest assured, no creepers will be around.  As a mom myself, I would want someone to do the same for me.   So how about a little communication before you pass judgment?  My only Judge is God.

I had to step away from advocacy to preserve my own mental state.  But I still show up most times and keep my blog active.  Don't forget, none of us are here forever.

She has my number and so do you.  Think what you want, but I am me.  So you can continue lying to her or call me.


and....Rona got me  UGH


And to Gina Hollenbeck who we recently lost.  You were an amazing advocate and your legend will live on.  I love you girl.  My heart was broken yesterday.  The Lung Cancer community is no longer the same.  Fly high sista.  I'll see you soon.  And teach you to play Fortnite too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment