Hope

Hope

Friday, December 30, 2016

What we leave behind...

Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2016.  I've always been sad when a new year starts.  I'm not sure why.  I feel like it's the fact I'm moving on with my life and some people will remain forever in 2016.

It was a bittersweet year.  I married to the best man a woman could ask for.  We had a fabulous time and I'm so blessed for this family I have now.  We've made some incredible memories, visiting Chicago, Myrtle Beach, the mountains, and finally New York.  New Year's Day we will go to the final game the Atlanta Falcons will play in the Dome with Christ Draft.

Here is the sad part.  Some people won't continue on with us into 2017.  I know it's just another day and year, but it feels like more than that.  I feel like I'm leaving them behind.  Whether it be due to death or just the loss of a friendship.

One of those is Roy Reynolds.  I don't feel like celebrating a New Year.  The end of 2016 makes it so final.  As it does for Ms. Ruby, my makeshift grandmother.  So, this year I'll be going to bed early.  No celebrating for me.  I'm blessed to be alive and I do celebrate that and am thankful to have known them, but I can't be totally happy. They both made such a difference in my life.  They helped me appreciate the little things, and not take loved ones for granted.  There may be no tomorrow for them, or you  I understand Ms. Ruby had lived her life and was ready.  I don't think Roy was ready.  He was too young.  The world lost an amazing man this year, and tomorrow is the last day of the year. God had other plans for this vibrant young soul.  Oh how I miss that smile.  I know they may not be physically here, but they will always be in my heart, and that makes things a little easier.

I know,I'm a weirdo, but I've always felt this way about New Year's.  Sometimes it's hard to leave your past, but life goes on and so should I, no matter how hard it may be.  I won't be up until midnight, that's for sure.

Thank you God for your grace in sparing me another year and thank you all for your continuous prayers.  May you have a wonderful New Year and count your blessings.  You never know when your life could change in the matter of a minute.
















No comments:

Post a Comment