Hope

Hope

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Ignorance is Bliss

Hi all.  It's been a while since my last update.

This is the first time since diagnosis I haven't done the Free to Breathe 5K.  I just have been pushing myself further away from the cancer world.  I'm not meaning too.  Maybe it's part of coping. I'm just so freakin tired of dealing with it.  Living your life not on your own terms is miserable.  I don't have just me.....I have Karley, Brent, Livi, and John to think of and what will become of their futures.   

In a way though, the backing off from the cancer world has been good for me.  I feel more normal (except my hair).  My stomach has been upset for a few days...another wonderful side effect that seems to come and go.

I got my puppy.  We named him Data..pronounced "Da da".  I named him after Roy.  This little puppy has helped me so much not feel so lonely.  Even in a room full of people, you can feel alone.

Living in the cancer world, you lose people, friends you've made.  But not living in it, you feel like no one really gets what you're going through, especially emotionally.  I can put a smile on, no probs.  But underneath it all, unless I'm out doing something crazy or with the family, there usually isn't that smile inside....  It's a catch 22.  What do you do?

Well, I've been pondering that for the past month.  I realized I just needed a  break.  I'm back.  I'm ready to advocate the shit out of lung cancer, all cancers for that matter, but the number one killer is at the top of my priority list.  I'm going to find that face for lung cancer, that star.   And if I don't do it in time, I am sure that my friends and family will continue to advocate.   Stop the stigma of lung cancer.

Look for Karley, Data, and I in the September 26th issue of Woman's World.  I haven't seen it yet but we took tons of pics.  Thank you Lung Force for making that possible and all of these interviews a reality.  And thank you Bonnie J Addario foundation for making me a part of your committee to help advocate.  And Team Draft, Chris Draft, for all you do for patients all over.  And you're crazy cause you're going over the edge of the Buckhead Tower today.  We love your crazy.  And Lungevity, Free to Breathe, and the ALA for all they do.  So many advocates.

Jessica Steinberg, I'm so jealous of you on stage with Bradley Cooper last night on Stand Up 2 Cancer.  If you didn't watch it, I encourage you too.  At least the first part.  I cried my eyes out in memory of the people I've lost and my own trauma.  There is a lot going on in the area of research for lung cancer, which gives me so much hope.

Well, that's all for now.  Scans are the first week in October.  I'm going to give that worry to God and enjoy this time.  Like they say, ignorance is bliss.  And I'm always thankful for the 3 months of bliss I have between scans.  We are doing the annual brain MRI along with the PetScan so prayers would be so much appreciated.  And thank you for continuing to pray, this is never ending, so I may always need them.




Sweet Data

Lucky Jessica


6 comments:

  1. It would be an all clear scan Samantha. 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very inspiring story. The best weapon for the lung cancer patients is the bold heart and hope. This blogs serves that well
    lung cancer symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see your fighting spirit,just be optimistic about your life should be every cancer patient motto,my little brother was suffering from cancer as well and was treated in Comprehensive Pain Management sadly he is now not with us but he was a true warrior like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to see your fighting spirit,just be optimistic about your life should be every cancer patient motto,my little brother was suffering from cancer as well and was treated in Comprehensive Pain Management sadly he is now not with us but he was a true warrior like you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone here i think would have gotten a piece of their share from cancer, with some being able to survive and others dying even with the high efforts of oncologists. I had lungs cancer due to the fact that i was a hardcore smoker Due to the terrain in Alaska. I started to have symptoms in 2008 and i was diagnosed in April 2009. Several therapies of treatment were prescribed but none seemed to help me. I had just less than a year to live. Less than 6 months to go i read about Doctor Roland who is a herbal doctor that treats cancer. At first i doubted because my case was chronic and even if he could help it was already late. I had nothing to lose so i contacted him and he was very encouraging even in my condition and i placed an order for the herbal medicine which i used for 3 months. Even before i was done using it i felt strong and after it all i went for diagnosis and i tested negative. This is a permanent cure because it's been three years from my supposed death and i am still very strong and alive. Do not give up soon on yourself just reach him on (dr.rolandoscar@gmail.com) i am positive that if i can be cured you too can. I pray for all cancer patients worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as Great Mother told me when she helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted Great Mother the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted Great Mother she assured me that my man will come again. She gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent her the money and she bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. NO SCAMS. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as she told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because Great Mother is so real and i urge you contact her now on her email so that she can also help you the way she helped me. Her email is Greatmotherofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com and you can also contact her with her phone number on whats app +2348078359876 you can also check and contact her on
    Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com
    Greatmotherofsolution.blogspot.com

    I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as Great Mother told me when she helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted Great Mother the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted Great Mother she assured me that my man will come again. She gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent her the money and she bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. NO SCAMS. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as she told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because Great Mother is so real and i urge you contact her now on her email so that she can also help you the way she helped me. Her email is Greatmotherofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com and you can also contact her with her phone number on whats app +2348078359876 you can also check and contact her on
    Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com
    Greatmotherofsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete