Hope

Hope

Friday, March 31, 2017

Jessi Colwell

I had the honor of meeting Jessi Colwell at Piedmont Henry a few weeks ago.  Her goal is to watch her 13 year old son graduate.  She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer over two years ago.  They asked me to come in and give her some hope.  But if I helped her in some way, I know she helped me.  She was so grateful and I just loved listening to her talk about her journey thus far.  We had so much in common and shes been battling this beast for two years.  I don't get to meet many lung cancer patients face to face in everyday life.  This needs to change.  The emotional toll it takes on the patients and caregivers needs to be shared with others in the same situation.

If nothing else, to know you're not alone.  Thank you Piedmont and Amanada Lynn for introducing Chris Draft and me to Jessi.  Thank you for bringing me a friend I can talk to face to face and we can share our feelings and understand one another.  That day left me smiling from ear to ear.   

Thank you all for your continuous prayers and please pray for Jessi too.  Our children are so close in age it's crazy.  Thank you Lord for getting us together.  I'm looking forward to a long friendship.

I'll write more later when I'm not so tired.  I'm in Atlanta now and this bridge fell and Karley had volleyball so I'll have more to talk about later.  But today is the last day of March.  April is going to be better.  It has to be!   Love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment