Hope

Hope

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Just Breathe

This was the phrase 27 year old  Elizabeth Dessureault used in the merchandise the young mother made in order to help fund lung cancer and bring awareness.

We never got to meet in person and our friendship had a rocky start.  I'm an impatient person and had messaged her.  She didn't respond fast enough so I got snippy.  She got snippy right back.  I knew I liked her at that moment.  I apologized and she totally understood.  After that, we became facebook friends.  We supported each other in blog contests and talked about our disease, progression, and hope.

I have to say, she had more hope in her pinky than I have in my entire body.  She left us this morning.   When I found out, needless to say, I cried my eyes out.  We wanted to meet in person instead of messaging through Facebook.  She lived in Canada and I in South Georgia.  Quite a distance.

She was NED for a while, or so I thought.  The last time we spoke in November, they were working on a new treatment plan because of a little progression.  Then the holidays came, and the craziness of this year so far, and we didn't communicate again.  I hate it when I do that.

I hate it when I don't keep in touch enough.  It makes me feel like a terrible person.  She is the last person I thought I would see on Facebook today who had passed.

She had a gift, she made such an impact on Lung Cancer.  She fought, always had hope, always positive in her blogs.  It's times like this that you think about your own mortality.  How things can go from great to devastating in a matter of months, weeks, days.  This disease sucks, and it's taken too many good people.  But like Chris Draft says, "This is why we fight".

We fight for awareness and funding.  This little boy lost his mother today, way too young.  We all have a purpose and I think Lizzie definitely did so much in her lifetime, she helped change the face of lung cancer.

She will be missed immensely by the lung cancer community as well as her family and friends I'm sure.  She fought a good fight, so brave and beautiful.  I can't compare when it comes to awareness with what all she did, but I write.  And I know I couldn't describe how incredible she is in this blog, but I tried.  Rest in Paradise Lizzie.




4 comments:

  1. Thank to Dr Ogudugu ,I was diagnosed of (HIV) in 2012 and I have tried all possible means to get cured, i even visited phonologist but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from Africa who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including HIV/AIDS, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email he sent me the Hiv/Aids herbal medicine through courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 5 days of usage, if you are suffering of this diseases you can as well Contact this great herbal doctor via his email greatogudugu@gmail.com or WhatsApp No: +2348139793075 for further inquiry and assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My testimony on how i won £4,000,000 with the great help of Dr Davi powerful lottery spell: Call him +1 (206) 785-9633

    It's unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your website. For the past 14 years, I have been looking for a way on how i will win lottery. Money situation was one of the biggest problem to me. I had a huge amount of debt and I didn't know what to do. Out of complete and total desperation, I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic to win the lottery, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and none were as wonderful, affectionate and warm as Dr Davi has been. He is definitely different from the others and I felt immediate hope and strength from hearing about the promises he had to offer. He carries an air of purity and divine strength that is as pure as fresh snow on the ground. I requested Dr Davi most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders,i won (Four Million pounds) my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. My life change over night,i now have my own house and two cars,also i am free from my debts. Dr Davi, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. If you are there and you need a powerful magic to win the lottery,Dr. Davi is the right person you need to trust and work with,i promise you that you will also win and share your own testimony. You can contact him via email:

    Spelltemple@fastmail.com Call or text him +1 (206) 785-9633

    Website: http://spelltemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. AFFORDABLE LOAN TODAY?
    Getting a legitimate loan has always been a huge problem To clients who have financial problem and need solution to it. The issue of credit score and collateral are something that clients are always worried about when seeking a loan from a legitimate lender. But.. we have made that difference in the lending industry. We can arrange for a loan from the range of 5,000.00 to 500,000.000.00 both in EURO,POUNDS, USD as low as 2% interest rate Kindly respond immediately to this email: (upgradeloans@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially in my sex life. I was so afraid of infecting my Boyfriend, suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times. Unfortunately, they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place By reading in a specialized forum on the subject, mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to lose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent Two weeks using
    this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all people who want to eliminate the herpes from your body forever, contact.
    PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM or WhatsApp
    +2348100368288




    My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially in my sex life. I was so afraid of infecting my Boyfriend, suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times. Unfortunately, they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place By reading in a specialized forum on the subject, mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to lose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent Two weeks using
    this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all people who want to eliminate the herpes from your body forever, contact.
    PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM or WhatsApp
    +2348100368288

    ReplyDelete