Hope

Hope

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Well, hello there my old friend...scanxiety

It's beginning to get like clockwork.  I know my scans are coming up in two weeks from today (actually yesterday now that it's after 1 a.m.).  This is when scanxiety kicks in.  So for the next two weeks, I will be moody, sleepy, mean, and sad.   That's usually how I handle it.  Oh, and I like being alone during this time.  I usually tend to get a little mean.

So, I could use your prayers for good news, that the tarceva is still working.  I made a huge leap of faith and started making plans for the future.  I don't want to feel like I jumped ahead.  I want to live, really live.  Not just a mundane life, but something more extraordinary.  We always think we have time.  Believe me, it can change in an instant.  So, really live while you can.  You don't want to regret it.

Another piece of advice.  No matter how young and healthy you are, get life insurance.  I was working on it when I was diagnosed.  It didn't happen and no one will touch me with a 10 ft pole out there.  So, think about your children and their future.  I just pray have enough loved ones who can help Karley in the future when she needs it. 

So the next time I will update will be sometime Sept. 18th.  If you don't hear from me on here, just wait....don't start calling.  I'm not the best at dealing with bad news.

Thank you all for your continuous prayers.  And remember, it's childhood cancer awareness month.  Go gold and show your support.  The funding for these cancers is also minimal.  Pray for Chaseman, a family friend diagnosed recently with leukemia.  I could go on for days about all the people cancer has effected (directly and indirectly) that need your prayers.  So, please...just pray for them.

I'll update soon....Thank you all for being here and following my blog.  Sometimes it's boring, but when I'm angry I'm sure it's kind of fun.   I guess we will see which way it goes 9/18.

Until then, I wanted to leave you with something besides a bible verse, trust me, I'm not giving up on God.   Just switching it up a little.  I know everything is in His hands.

"Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret?  There are better things ahead than any we leave behind" - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment