Hope

Hope

Friday, January 2, 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015

It's been a busy few weeks.  Karley and I have been in Atlanta since Christmas Day visiting family.  Christmas 2014 was amazing.  I got to speak at St. Simons Community Church on 12/21/14 about how much God has blessed me through our amazing church family.  It was such an honor.

Karley opened presents at my house and John's, then we drove to Atlanta to my mom's house.  We were blessed to see my sister, brother in law, and niece right after Christmas along with so many other members of our family.  It's been a while since we've seen some of them.

After Christmas, Karley had a NYE party with two of her friends up here.  We went all out and had a blast.  Amanda was here to hang out all night too (they were her children).  They were so cute and we almost all made it to midnight.  

The next morning, I woke up and found out we placed 3rd in Team Draft's Super Bowl Challenge to raise money to fight lung cancer.  This means we get to go to Arizona for Taste of the NFL and represent Team Draft.  Thank you to all of my family, friends, and strangers that were so kind to donate on our behalf.  I will be sure to write a whole blog about it when I get back.  We are super excited!

2014 brought good and bad news for many.  I know that I personally lost two friends, Shermaine Lee and Marjorie Polk. and my Uncle Jerry Mixon, to cancer.  It was hard on so many levels and I still think about them both so much.  When you go through times like this, it brings you closer to God.  You really learn to lean on him more.

In other cancer related news, I've been on the lower dosage of tarceva since the beginning of November.  I was having two issues with the 150 mg dosage so had it lowered to 100 mg.  Since then, one issue has returned but the vertigo hasn't, which was my main concern.  That was awful.  So, after I see a neurologist 1/20, we will try and figure out if I should go back to 150 mg.  I'm willing to take a shot at it now that I have medication for the vertigo.  If it returns, then I'll know it's from the tarceva I guess.  But, I'll talk it over with neuro.

My next scans are in March, so until then, I'll keep everyone up to date on any changes (cancer related and not).  This blog has become somewhat of a journal for Karley in the future.

As always, thank you for your continuous support and prayers.  We can never get enough of them.  God bless you all.  

Titus 1:2

"a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, in which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time."


















No comments:

Post a Comment