Hope

Hope

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Last Day

As everyone knows, today is the last day of November.  It's also the last day of lung cancer awareness month.  It was such a crazy month and I live so far away, it's hard to do too much for it....especially with Karley.  I noticed some great strides, but also noticed the continuous lack of national media coverage.  In fact, I can barely watch the national media because of all of the madness and hate right now.  It's tough, because some of us just want to live.  I don't want to debate.  I just want to live a happy life, spend time with my family and friends.  The national media is focused so much on some very important issues, but they also have the power to spin things and have the power to help things from getting out of control.  I don't understand all of the hate.  It makes me sad for all of us and scares me for the future.

I feel like it's dividing people when we should be coming together.  In the words of the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that".  "I have decided to stick to love...hate is to great a burden to bear."  It's 2014 people.  Let's come together to solve issues that don't belong in 1952.  Hey...maybe a cure for cancer and other diseases. Something always makes the media over this disease that KILLS 3,000 Americans each WEEK.  I'm not trying to be insensitive.  This was a no win situation for all parties and my prayers go out to all of the families involved.  Everyone has their opinions.....It's time to love and forgive as God forgives us every day.  "Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fortunately, I was able to make the almost 9 hour drive to visit my sister, brother in law, parents, and new niece in NC for Thanksgiving thanks to the gracious hospitality of Sharyn Outtrim.  I met Sharyn at a Falcons game with Team Draft.  She was so kind to offer us her beach house on the Emerald Isles to be close to my sis and brother in law stationed at Camp Lejeune.  It was such a blessing to have met her and her offer us such a wonderful Thanksgiving gift.  It gives me faith in our humanity that there are still people like her and Chris Draft out there.

Anyways, it was great to be together with my family.  We had so much fun and Karley is a great cousin already.  Future babysitter in the making....

Below are some pictures of the house and our family.  I hope all of your Thanksgivings were great.  Thank you so much for your continuous prayers and please keep them coming.  My next scans are December 12th so will probably not post until then unless something happens.

Please pray for our nation right now too.  I know that sounds cliche, but as a parent, it's very worrisome.  I'm not raising my child to have hate in her heart.  I'm raising her to have God in her heart.  In the meantime, prayers the tarceva is still working!

















2 Corinthians 4:15-16
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the Glory of God. 16. Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment