Hope

Hope

Friday, March 14, 2014

Warriors

I know I promised an update last month, but I've been so busy!

Karley came through her surgery like the warrior she is and her hearing is getting better every day now.  She's so strong, I'm such a proud mama. (Pictures below).  Also, she just became a first cousin to Brantley Kurt Neundorfer this month.  She's super excited about that!  Congratulations to Kyle and Debbie!





I attended Marjorie Polks' Celebration of Life Memorial Service recently.  It hit pretty hard.  She was such a beautiful person, it wasn't really real until we were there.  Please continue to pray for her family and friends through this difficult time.  I'm thankful she's no longer in pain.

Neither is my Uncle Jerry.  We had a small memorial on St. Simons this past weekend for him, please pray for the family.  I've posted a few pictures from that and Marjorie's memorial below.  I love you Uncle Jerry, RIP.  Both lost their battles with cancer, both were warriors.









So my next scans are coming up March 20th and results on March 21st (next week).  These will be very important because we will see if the primary tumor is truly gone, since the inflammation and pneumonitis from radiation has resolved.

I also didn't want to write before now because I wasn't sure what to say.  This past Wednesday I went to bible study and we went over a few things that made me really think about my life.  The questions was posed, "In light of my past experiences, current circumstances, and future hopes and dreams, where do I need to make small deposits of time over time?  What is the wise thing to do with my time?"

My future hopes and dreams?  Sometimes I feel as those were crushed around November 27, 2012.  I try not to think about that because things have been going well.  It's always in the back of my mind though.  It's totally life changing. Don't worry guys, I'm not giving up. This is just my new normal, I am a warrior too.

It's a great question though, for all of us, because small deposits of time over time make a huge difference in our lives.  My deposits of time will be going into growing in my relationship with God and raising Karley.  Where will yours go?

Thank you for your continued support and prayers for both Reggie and me as well as our families and friends.  They mean so much.  Please keep them coming, God is listening!  God bless you all!

I'll let you all know the results of the PetScan when I get them.  So, I'll be updating my blog next weekend at the latest.  In the meantime, I'll be living.



Acts 14:22
"They encouraged them to continue in the faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment