Hope

Hope

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Amazing Grace

I'm feeling much better today.  I actually felt better later the same afternoon but we had a lot going on, like celebrating!



Reggie got good news too. So, we were able to celebrate together.  My friends are so amazing.  God has truly blessed me with some awesome people that are always here for me.  Even if they couldn't make it to dinner, I know they would have been there had the results been bad.  

Just a reminder, as several people have asked, this is not the end of my journey with this cancer.  This is God giving me more time, in hopes of a cure or more life prolonging drugs.   I have an EGFR mutation.  It is an irreversible mutation to my DNA.  The chemo pills I take turn off the mutation.  One day the pill will build a resistance according to most doctors.  By then, we are praying for a great second line treatment (besides traditional chemo) or a cure.   There have been people on the same drug as me for many many years and the cancer hasn't returned.  

My family knows our lives can change every 3 months, or any minute for that matter.  Any of our lives can change that quickly, cancer isn't always the reason for unexpected life changes.   Of course all of you know that, but how often do you think about it?  

I'm on the Free to Breathe Atlanta committee this year.  If you would like to join and walk/run with us, you can register here: Team Karley

This year I decided to name the team after Karley.  She's my rock and I love her so much.  She deserves to grow up with her mommy around.  So, I'm participating for her.  She will be there too!

If you can't make it and would like to donate, you can do so through the team page or my personal page click here: Samantha Mixon

Thank you all for your support and continuous prayers.  And most importantly, thank you Lord for your amazing grace.   You've given me such a fresh outlook on this precious life.  And I promise not to take it for granted again.  

I'll keep updating as anything new comes up.  Right now I'm feeling pretty good, home now, just craving a nap!

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--  not by works, so that no one can boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment