Hope

Hope

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tomorrow is Another Day

Yesterday started out great.  Thanks to Roz, a fellow lung cancer advocate, I was chosen as "Diva for a Day".  They contacted Island Day Spa and the spa donated  a deep tissue massage, facial, manicure and pedicure, hair wash and blow out, and make up.   I was literally there for 4 hours.  It was so relaxing and I'm so thankful to Roz, Island Day Spa, and Diva for a Day foundation.


After the spa day, I headed back home to take a nap.  Shortly after I walked in the door, I got the call from my dad that my uncle had just passed away.   Knowing that my sister couldn't make it, I knew that my dad shouldn't be alone.  I packed my bags and caught the last flight up here to Atlanta.

Uncle Jerry was only 62 and passed away  after a short battle with liver cancer.  He leaves behind his son, John Allen Mixon and his sisters Anne Duke and Jean Hartley, and  his brother John Mixon as well as several nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews..  Please pray for the Mixon family as one of our loved ones is  gone.  Although he is in a better place and no longer in pain, it is tough for the ones still here.

Today my dad's best friend, Roy Smith, lost his mother as well.  We just left the hospital after spending some time with him.  Please keep Roy and his family in your prayers too.

And finally, Karley has her ear surgery tomorrow.  Please pray for  a successful surgery and recovery.  I know the good Lord will be watching over her and I am flying back tonight.   Nothing can keep me from being there with her.

I'm hoping to be able to make it to my uncle's memorial service, but am not sure I can yet, considering  Karley's surgery.

There's so much sadness right now but I am thankful and blessed that I'm able to be here with my dad last night and today.  I just hate having to leave.

Thank you all for your constant prayers and support for my family, friends, and me.  I'm feeling good right now and am thankful  for that.  I'm thanking God every day for this time he is giving me.

I'll update after Karley's surgery this weekend.  Next weekend is Marjorie's memorial service so I'll be back in Atlanta for that.   God bless you all!

Ecclesiastes 6:10

Everything has already been decided.  It was known long ago what each person would be.  So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment