Hope

Hope

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Reason for the Season

We are so close to Christmas and I can't express my overwhelming sense of God's love and grace in words this year.  

A year ago, I was so down...doubting so much.  I don't doubt anymore.   God has a plan for all of us.  His plan was to not take me yet.  I promised Him I would praise Him and not take credit for where I am today.  And I'm not taking credit.  He has been my rock and has not forsaken me.   And I know, whatever the future holds, cancer or no cancer, He is with me.  

Many of you don't know, I may be in remission, but I still have the mutation.  It can reoccur if the cancer builds a resistance to Tarceva.  If that happens, we keep fighting.  We never know when our time will come.  Are you ready?

It may not be the cancer that takes me.  We don't know.  I do know that I'm thankful that I got cancer.  I know....CRAZY!   But, so much good has come out of something so bad.  

Karley found God and was baptized.  I've stopped working my life away and started working on my life.  I notice and appreciate every moment.  My relationship with God has gotten stronger and I am choosing the path I feel He wants me to take.  I've met some incredible people at church and am happy to call them my family.  My relationships with friends and family are also stronger.  

I've had the opportunity that few have.   The opportunity for a second chance to make my life right.  That is what I'm doing.  Living by faith, not by sight.  

That's all for now.  I just wanted to share my joy and remind you, we all have things to be thankful for.   Even if we don't have everything, we do have love.  And God's love is so powerful, please don't forget everything He has given us this Christmas.   It's not about Santa or material gifts.  It's about Him.  He gave His only son so that we may have eternal life.  That is the ultimate gift and sacrifice.  

Merry Christmas to all!  Be safe!

Matthew 19:26





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment