Hope

Hope

Friday, September 20, 2013

Preliminary Results

Well, unfortunately we couldn't get the complete PetScan results today but will have them by Monday.

However, my oncologist looked at it before the radiologist read it.  So far, it looks like my primary tumor (on the outside of my lung) has progressed pretty rapidly.  This doesn't surprise me that much, I've had some neck and back pain and pain when taking a deep breath.  Since my oncologist couldn't see anything else other than the progression, it was decided to leave me on the Tarceva for now.

I won't be able to go home Sunday since I'm meeting with the radiation oncologist Monday.  My oncologist is expecting to do 3-5 consecutive days of stereotactic radiation, which will hopefully begin after my meeting Monday.

I'm praying this will stop the spread of this tumor.  It's in God's hands.

Please continue to remember the following additional people in your prayers:   Marjorie Polk,Tim Gravitt, Shelley Miller, Sheila Hodges, Peggy Fogerty, Gretchen Mitchell Anderson, Dylan Rosier and James Robert Smith.  They still all have their own battles.

Please pray for strength and peace for Marjorie and her family right now.  She is having a fundraiser October 5th.  Please see Marjorie's Fundraiser to find out more information.

Reggie still has an active fundraiser to help pay his medical bills, especially now with his additional medical expenses.  It's at Reggie's Fundraiser.  Reggie needs our help now even more now!

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  My faith in the power of our Lord is still strong, even with the news today.  None of us are alone, we are all in this together with Him.  The following verse gives me encouragement and peace. Even though I used it last time, I just feel like it's so appropriate right now.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid"

No comments:

Post a Comment