Hope

Hope

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blessed

It has been a busy couple of weeks since my last blog.  Karley was in her first karate tournament and took first place in sparring.  We were so proud of her, she beat 3 boys!  She wants to go to more tournaments now.  I'm totally fine with that!



Then, school started.  My baby girl is not a baby anymore.  She started 3rd grade!  For the first time, I didn't have to buy crayons or markers....it was bittersweet.  I love watching her grow up!!  I'm so blessed to be here for these precious moments!




This past weekend, Karley and I ventured to Atlanta so we could see the Justin Bieber concert.  Thanks to Chanda Dabney and Phillips Arena for not only those tickets for us, but for all they have done so far.  They have enabled me to do so many things with Karley I otherwise may not have been able to do!





We had a blast!  Now we are back home, she's at school and I'm packing up to head back to Atlanta tomorrow.  It's going to be a big weekend.  Friday I have my 3 month MRI and Saturday we are participating in the Free to Breathe 5K in the Vinings in an effort to raise awareness and funding for lung cancer research.  If you haven't signed up and would like to walk with us, please visit http://participate.freetobreathe.org/goto/Team_Clayco to learn more.  If online registration is closed, you can still register the morning of the event.  We look forward to seeing you out there!  

I will post another blog after this weekend that will have photos from the Free to Breathe event and results from the MRI.  

Thank you to God, and all of my family, friends, and prayer warriors who haven't given up on me.  I love you all and wouldn't be here if it weren't for all of your support!  I feel so blessed!

Also, please continue praying for Reggie Kimbell, Gretchen Mitchell Anderson, Tim Gravitt, Marjorie Polk, Jean Varner, Shelia Hodges, Shelley Miller, and Peggy Fogarty.  All are friends that are battling for their lives. 

Philippians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment