Hope

Hope

Friday, February 1, 2013

Results

As you most know, I had some tests today at Piedmont.  My parents and Reggie went with me.  Thank you Julie (Reggie's boss) for letting him off today to go!

We just got home.  My first test was an MRI of the brain to make sure there wasn't any cancer remaining.   The neurologist came in with good results.  No trace of any cancer in the brain!  So, now I have to go in for an MRI every three months to make sure it doesn't come back.

Second, I had a chest x-ray and blood work.  The oncologist came in with more good news.  My blood work came back perfect and my chest x-ray came back showing that the primary tumor had already begun to shrink!  I've been on the Tarceva for less than a month!  The oncologist was amazed at the progress I've shown.

I go back March 11th for a PetScan to check progress.

Thank you all so much for all of your prayers!  I'm giving all of my thanks to God for this good news.  I was able to give all of my worry and anxiety over to God and leave all of this in his hands.  Complete Faith & Trust.   He's kept his word.

Psalm 107:19-21

"Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.  Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind."

I may not be cured, but I have complete Faith that the Lord can cure me!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see that your MRI, x-ray and blood work all came with positive results. Going in for those tests can be quite terrifying, but not as much as the time when you're anticipating for the results. I wish you all the best with your treatment. Please send my regards to Reggie as well.

    -Julio

    ReplyDelete