Therefore, I am going to need a Bronchoscopy for staging. Before this is done, I am required to have a pulmonary consult, repeat CT scan and chest x-ray (scheduled for Wed.), pulmonary function test, and meet with a surgeon and radiation specialist. The bronchocopy will stage the mediastinum, which pretty much dictates my treatment plan and if surgery is possible.
She did mention a clinical trial that I would be good for.
After asking if I could be cured, she did say yes. But, she followed with something to the effect of "even with the resection of the cancer in the lung (if it's at all possible), there is a 20% 5 year survival rate at that point".
20% is better than 2%. So, more waiting for appointments and more tests.
Basically, it's in God's hands and there is nothing I can do about any of it, just have Faith. Faith that the Lord will heal me, Faith that I will be there for Karley as she grows up, Faith that this disease will leave my body because Jesus paid for my healing over 2,000 years ago.
In the meantime, as I await, I'll sit here and pull the stitches out of my head from the brain surgery in November. Pretty gross huh? It's ok, don't worry, one of the MD Anderson surgeons said it was okay.
I'll let you all know anything as I find it out.....