Hope

Hope

Friday, June 14, 2019

All Good Things Eventually End

Well, it's been a fabulous run on tarceva.  6 1/2 years in fact. Unfortunately the time has come to move on.  I just finished my appointment which showed progression in my lung that's hard to reach for a biopsy.

So, I'll be in Atlanta a little longer than anticipated.  I have a petscan and MRI scheduled for Monday to be sure there is no additional metastatic disease throughout.  My oncologist has a team that will discuss my case after these additional tests and determine where we go from here.  We are thinking tagrisso but are unsure for now.

I've been blessed to be progression free for so long.  But we all know this disease is relentless and the reality is, it will not stop.  I'm thankful to know so many advocates and physicians that I can get opinions from.  You guys know who you are. 

I know my family and friends are worried.  All I can say is that we cannot control our destiny.  It's in God's hands.  He has always given me signs, so I wasn't that surprised going in today.  I feel Nicole and Kelly were surrounding me with their love and comfort and God allowed that as a sort of warning.  They both did show up in my facebook memories this week.

But, whatever happens from here, I do feel confident that God will lead the doctors in the right direction and we come up with a good plan.  I'm praying it hasn't spread as well. 

So, for now, I'll have more tests Monday and will keep you all updated  now that things are different.  I miss my Karley so much and will be so happy when I get to go back home.  God bless you all and thank you for your continuous prayers.







No comments:

Post a Comment