Hope

Hope

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Six Years

November 27th, 2012:  I was laying in a hospital bed, recovering from brain surgery to remove a tumor.  I was surrounded by family and friends, each of them with tears in their eyes.  I was groggy and couldn't understand why they were so sad.  No one would tell me.

Finally, the doctor came in.  I demanded to know what was wrong.  Yes, brain tumors run in my family but are always benign.  When he spoke, my world changed forever.  He said, "the tumor was malignant and came from your lungs, you have lung cancer, most likely stage 4."  

I immediately went to google of course, saw the statistics and prognosis and asked him how much time I had left.  He told me everyone was different, but as of that point, he would guess I had 12-18 months to get my affairs in order.  I was going to leave my 7 year old daughter alone in this world.

Well, that was 6 years ago.  And I'm still here, on my first line treatment, with no active cancer.  I am beyond blessed.  I was hopeless back then.  But through the grace of God and the extensive research beginning to uncover mutations like I have, I am still here.  

I was here for her 5th grade graduation, to watch her team win the volleyball championship, watch as she grew so much taller than me and become this teenager, with her own personality, so beautiful and sweet.  God knows I am blessed.  I have been through some struggles, but through the grace of God, I'm here.  I write my blogs, not to brag, but to bring hope.  Because on November 27th, 2012, I had none.  I had less than a 4% chance of surviving 5 years.  But those stats are old.  If I can just give others hope during this incredibly difficult time, then I feel it has all been worth it.  

I know a lot of lc patients are struggling and I've lost many friends to this disease.  So to say I'm overjoyed all of the time is a mistake.  The worst part of my journey has been the loss of these friends.  The emotional toll this disease takes on you is indescribable.  Yes, I take anti-depressants and will forever have a form of PTSD, because I will never be cured as of now.  There is only treatment, no cure.  So, I'm praying for many more years and as I rejoice in this day, I'm also saddened for my lung cancer family that have and continue to take a beating and for the ones no longer with us.  

But, today I'm alive and in these moments, I am going to LIVE.  

Thank you all for your continuous prayers.  Please keep them coming.  I never thought I would see this day, but I'm really glad I did.  Love you all.










Josh and I recreated this fabulous pic of my sister and me on Thanksgiving in high school.












2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of HEPATITIS B in 2015 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, so luckily one day as i was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HEPATITIS B, CURE and i saw comment of people talking about Doctor AZIBA who cured them from HEPATITIS B ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I read about him on the Internet from different people so he told me some certain things which i can easily do and which i did and he assured me that he will send the medicine to me which he actually did. He sent me the medicine which is made of vegetable herbal remedies, to GOD be the glory i was cured by him even before i finished the medicine and the time he gave,This is greatness!!! kindly contact him Via Email:[ PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM ] call number or WhatsApp him direct through his cell phone: WhatsApp +2348100368288 And he can also cure you also because he made it clear to me that he do not treat but he cured permanently and so he can cure some type of diseases like,ALS,DIABETICS,cancer,HERPES,fibroid, HIV AIDS. WART. etc.. all thank to you Dr AZIBA for your kindly help in my life. WhatsApp DR.[ +2348100368288 ] DR Email: [ priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete