A few months later, I went out to California and saw them at one of the Bonnie Addario Living Room Broadcasts. It was live, and I was sitting across from them. They had informed me earlier that Joan would be going to hospice. Joan didn't look scared, she looked relieved. When they left in the middle of the broadcast because she wasn't feeling well, I immediately messaged Ron. I wanted so badly to hug her goodbye.
His response was, "Joan said she'll see you on the other side." I never saw her again. So, my blog today is taken straight from Ron's page. I'm sharing the facts.... Thank you Ron for all you do to continue your advocacy efforts. I hope you all will share
"LUNG CANCER is a KILLER
* Lung cancer kills more than the next 4 deadliest cancers combined.
* Lung cancer is the #1 killer of women and has been since 1987. LC is a women's disease far more than breast cancer.
* Joan Fong died at age 59 after 45 months of diagnosis.
* Lung cancer is a killer.
* 112 dies from breast cancer
* 433 people die from lung cancer
20% of lung cancer patients never smoked.
40% are former smokers.
Only 40% are current smokers.
* Smoking causes many diseases, not just lung cancer.
* LC can be caused by genetic mutations, radon, pollution & smoking.
* This perception that you did this to yourself because you smoked is a stigma affecting survival.
* If you have lungs, then you can get lung cancer
There really isn't any.
Research needs to find an easy and cheap way to do this.
It's hard to squeeze the lungs to see if there is a lump
Research needs to find early easy affordable detection
* Lung Cancer $ ~2 thousand
* Breast Cancer $ ~26 thousand
Yet LC kills 2x the number of BC patients.
* 18% for all stage of lung cancer
* 5% for stage IV advanced metastatic lung cancer
Joan Fong was Stage IV
* 89% for all stages of breast cancer
#LCSM #LCAM #NoStigma #433aday #LCisaNationalEmergency#beatlungcancer #YNSITC" - Ron Fong