Hope

Hope

Monday, August 6, 2018

Oh Joy - Kelly's Celebration of Life

I flew out so early Friday morning and arrived to meet Jeffrey Clark for the first time when he picked me up from the airport.  We met Kathy (first time for me) at a restaurant for lunch.  Jeff and I promptly went down for a nap after that.

I awoke to their adorable son, who is by the way, a real life super hero.  He wouldn't show me all of his capes....I gotta see the capes Finn.

Jeff, Kathy, and I went out for a bit Friday night.  It was pretty fun.  I can't play darts very well, and Jeff can't play Big Buck Hunter very well.  So glad those important facts were established.

Jeff and Kathy dropped me off early at the country club where the celebration was being held.  Apparently I got ready to celebrate by falling down a flight of stairs before heading out.  I am SO graceful.

People began pouring in and I got to meet so many of Kelly's friends and family.  The 24's (her 24 year long friends referred to as the 24's now) all showed me such warmth and love when I arrived.  Kelly's father Tom did as well.  He did an amazing job speaking about his daughter's life and the legacy she leaves behind.  One of love, optimism, and pure joy.  I'm praying so much for Tom and his wife and their son, and the children for strength during this difficult time, along with everyone who loves her, and their were a ton of people that came out to celebrate.

Her ex-husband read some adorable poems from their children (who were totally playing games on some phones that I wanted to play).  He also read his own statement about her.

Peter, her friend, prayed with us and spoke so beautifully about Kelly and how her spirituality had grown since they met.  I could feel it when we spoke, when she asked if our souls would recognize each other and when she said she was excited for this next life, although she didn’t want to leave her boys.

I spoke about how Kelly and I met, about how she opened up a little more about fears, and how we were horrible at listening to classes at the LUNGevity summit so we ended up playing with SnapChat the whole time.  I got her hooked.  I'm so sorry...I should've known she needed an intervention when we got home and she sent something ever day!  She was so goofy.  Even in the hospital, that she was in and out of this past year, she still sent crazy snapchats.  I have some great memories on mine of her.  I really hope they allow me to bring it into heaven.  We turn into 12 year old girls with that app.

Chris Draft attended and spoke about Kelly's bravery and courage and how we must continue to fight lung cancer, for people such as Kelly, gone too soon.  I had to go before him because it is impossible to follow up his speeches.

A few more people went and then everyone mingled.  The set up was fabulous and Kelly would have loved the fact that we all weren't sitting in a funeral home crying.

I honored her by doing what we did best, SnapChat pics, so get ready for an overload of pics in this post.

I don't think my speech did my soul sister the justice she deserved for always being my voice of reason.  She calmed me down.  She was and always will be my soul sister.  And the fact her friends took me in as that is just amazing.

Tiffany drove me to the gathering of the 24's and more afterwards and we held a celebration for Kelly's birthday, August 13th.  They shared such sweet memories of Kelly and we laughed and talked about the overpowering LOVE she had for everyone.  There is literally no one else like her.  Chris came by and eventually Jeff picked me up.  Chris and I both stayed with the Clark's so Chris could take me to the airport since we were on the same EARLY flight.  I was so glad he was there....I swear I need a babysitter.  Thank you Tiffany for taking this stranger in and carting her around!

All in all, I think we had Kelly smiling, laughing at us, and just overjoyed at the peace so many of us felt.  She will forever be in our hearts, but this weekend gave me that closure and peace I had been seeking.  Bonnie Addario even messaged that we will all continue to fight for Kelly and others with this terrible disease.  She brought together so many people.  And I feel like I gained so many friends that were in her corner and I'll remain friends with them through our mutual bond with Kelly.

Although I have peace as to where she is, free of pain and machines and hospitals, I'm selfish.  I want her here.  I feel a little lost without her, but I'm sure she will help me find a way. 

As Chris so eloquently quoted 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".  And that she did.

PIC AND SNAPCHAT OVERLOAD































It's so much better today...the other one was worse.  I'm graceful like that


The Remaining Pics are In Honor of Kelly and Her Favorite Snapchat Filter
This is exactly what Kelly would have been doing...




Kelly's Dad - "Only doing this for Kelly"
















8 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are David
    Clara I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is David Sandra I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the root and half to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man for my
    younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me

    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com/ you can also visit his website https://drsakuraspellcentre.blogspot.com/ /https://drsakuraherbs.blogspot.com/ drsakuraspellalter.wordpress.com or whatsapp him
    +2348110114739 you can follow him up on instagram herbalist sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com OR whatsapp +12092621508

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you done in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem ,you can contact him on Drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to tell you my testimony of how i was cured of CANCER by Dr. OSE
    i had been affected by this illness for the past 3 years and i had been up
    to many hospitals and clinics i even tried a surgical procedure but it
    yielded no results so i heard of DR OSE from friend who has been
    helped by him and i decided to try him out although i was afraid of
    scam but i know all men are not the same and i tried his herbal medicine
    to my greatest surprise he was able to cure me within 2 weeks and then
    i had my health back and i want to refer you to him through this contacts
    PHONE NUMBER: +2348144885194
    EMAIL ADDRESS: dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail.com
    and then he also has medicine
    for the following illnesses
    *HIV1/2
    *SYPHILIS
    *LOW SPERM COUNT
    *STROKE
    *CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to tell you my testimony of how i was cured of CANCER by Dr. OSE
    i had been affected by this illness for the past 3 years and i had been up
    to many hospitals and clinics i even tried a surgical procedure but it
    yielded no results so i heard of DR OSE from friend who has been
    helped by him and i decided to try him out although i was afraid of
    scam but i know all men are not the same and i tried his herbal medicine
    to my greatest surprise he was able to cure me within 2 weeks and then
    i had my health back and i want to refer you to him through this contacts
    PHONE NUMBER: +2348144885194
    EMAIL ADDRESS: dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail.com
    and then he also has medicine
    for the following illnesses
    *HIV1/2
    *SYPHILIS
    *LOW SPERM COUNT
    *STROKE
    *CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER .
    Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in my life was when the doctor confirm that my wife is been free from this illness. this awesome moments makes me the happiest man on earth, I really don't know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping my wife get cured for over how many year of suffering from breast cancer. i came across DR Williams contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Williams help a woman to get cured of her colon cancer and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 28 days, and his medicine was able to cure her completely from breast cancer. and now she very mush okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have any form of cancer, you can always contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this may not be important to some of you here but most of you can benefit from this. Email>> Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
    I got an article about the cure and supplement on how i can get rid of Wart Virus, which i followed the tips and it has been really helpful to me since i started using it, and i guess some of you will need this as well so i will write down the Doctor number who gave me the cure to Get rid of WART Virus, i appreciate his effort and kindness so i am writing this here for anyone with similar problem to contact Dr Aziba for cure to any kind of disease such as DIABETICS,INFERTILITY CASES,FIBROID,HIV-AIDS,STD,HYPERTENSION,WEAK ERECTION, ARTHRITIS, HEPATITIS B ,STAPH INFECTION,ALS, HSV,HERPES,HAV,HCV, RELATIONSHIP ISSUES CANCER etc..just make your complain to him and he will surely help you.Remember a problem shared is a problem solved. Dr whats-App : [ +2348100368288 ] Dr Email: PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM





    I know this may not be important to some of you here but most of you can benefit from this. Email>> Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
    I got an article about the cure and supplement on how i can get rid of Wart Virus, which i followed the tips and it has been really helpful to me since i started using it, and i guess some of you will need this as well so i will write down the Doctor number who gave me the cure to Get rid of WART Virus, i appreciate his effort and kindness so i am writing this here for anyone with similar problem to contact Dr Aziba for cure to any kind of disease such as DIABETICS,INFERTILITY CASES,FIBROID,HIV-AIDS,STD,HYPERTENSION,WEAK ERECTION, ARTHRITIS, HEPATITIS B ,STAPH INFECTION,ALS, HSV,HERPES,HAV,HCV, RELATIONSHIP ISSUES CANCER etc..just make your complain to him and he will surely help you.Remember a problem shared is a problem solved. Dr whats-App : [ +2348100368288 ] Dr Email: PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from breast cancer for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from breast cancer within those week of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with cancer you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete