Hope

Hope

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Blank White

My entire life, I've occasionally had the same dream, whether sleeping or daydreaming about my future.  It's white. It's blank, warm and bright white.  It doesn't make me happy or sad, it just is.  I guess that's why I didn't know what to major in while in college.  I just chose a degree that would be the easiest with my classes and went with it.  I had a passion for law and I loved math.  But the white, it always gave me an uneasy feeling.  I never really imagined having a family, or a successful job, or anything.  Just white.

So, when I found out I was pregnant with Karley, I had been accepted into the graduate program at Georgia State.  I never thought I could do both.  I chose Karley.  Not because I wanted the white to go away, it didn't bother me.  Maybe it's normal.  I chose Karley because I loved her before I knew her.  I still see the white when I think about my future.  I never saw Karley coming, so it could mean nothing.  But, I still see the white.

Almost two months before I was diagnosed with lung cancer via a brain tumor, I was taking a break with a co-worker.  I had been so tired and consistently late.  I was in charge, so it didn't matter I guess.  But, as we were talking, back in 2012 when that Mayan calendar ran out and people were rumoring the world would end in December of 2012, I almost believed it.  I sat talking to him, late September or early October, and as we were talking, I said, "I really believe I'm dying or the world is coming to an end in December.  It's one or the other, but either way, I don't see my future and I can feel it".  Of course he laughed it off, we both did.  Then, things just got worse.

I turned 33 on October 31st that year.  John and I always took turns watching Karley for our birthdays so we could go out with friends.  This year was different.  My company, and plenty of bars, were having Halloween parties and it was FL/GA weekend.  So much fun to be had.  But, I didn't want to do anything.  I went home and slept after we took her trick-or-treating.  I was exhausted.

Less than a month later, the pain from the brain tumor became unbearable and after the many misdiagnosis here, I visited my family in Atlanta for Thanksgiving.  That was the week they found the brain tumor, I learned I had stage 4 lung cancer, and I learned that all along, I had been dying a lot more quickly than the average person.  We all die, but somehow, I feel like I've known.

Science is great and God is great and both have kept me around for so long.  Lately I've been experiencing a lot of pain in my legs, so have tried everything from extra water, tonic water, bananas, to potassium and magnesium supplements.  This is my 6th year living with stage 4 lung cancer.  And yes, we are all dying, we just don't know when that will happen.  I could outlive you reading this.  But realistically, there is not cure.   And to know that, it's a bummer...  But I don't think the leg cramps are gonna take me out.

I'm going to visit my regular doctor tomorrow, who will then tell me to go so my oncologist or order a bone scan.  It's the never ending money pit of cancer.  I think it's just one of the many side effects of the targeted therapy I'm on that will come and go. I feel like I do know my body well enough now.

So, maybe all the white is just my lack of motivation, or could it be more?  I guess only time will tell.  I just wonder if any of you out there experience the same thing when thinking of your future or try to imagine it?  It's always been this way for me.  The bible has told of many premonitions throughout history, so I don't not believe it....  I would love the feedback.  And live in the moment, things can always get worse.  Like Josh nearly chopping his finger off...

Thank you all for your continuous prayers and please continue to pray for Kelly and Ray.  Love you all and God Bless.














1 comment:



  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididanspelltemple for the cure, he will help you out
    with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete