Hope

Hope

Friday, June 1, 2018

Thank You!

It's been over a month since my last post.  I guess you could say that's a good thing.  No news is good news right?

Well, today I finally gave in to this stupid cold I've been trying to fight off for a few days now.  So, while lying here in bed, I'll sum up this past month.

I went to Atlanta Wednesday May 9th for my 3 month CT Scan and results.  The scan actually made me sick this time, which it hasn't done before, but it wasn't too bad.  Friday we were to get results.

We arrived on time at the oncologist.  My dad was in some pain and had helped organize an event for me that was to take place the next day so I asked him to stay home.  I'm so glad he did.  As I was walking to go pay my copay, a piece of the laminate table was sticking out.  I am a fast walker, always have been.  I ran into that piece full force and it went through part of my leg above my thigh kneecap and back out (like some tribal piercing).

I didn't realize what had happened at first.  I was at the desk and suddenly realized a sharp pain in my leg.  I looked back at the table and notice a piece was missing.  Then I looked down and found that piece in my leg.  The office immediately pulled me to the back and put me in a wheelchair.  I am on blood thinners for life since my pulmonary embolisms in January.  I just wanted my results!  Then, the pain set in.  The oncologist took one look and said, "you're going to have to go to the ER".

So, my mom went downstairs to pull the car around while a nurse and the office manager wheeled me down in my white blood soaked jeans by this time.   I seriously looked like I got shanked in the oncologists office.  Many of you who are my friends on FB have heard this story and seen the pics, but for those who haven't, I've included some great ones.

After arriving at the ER I was immediately taken back.  Once the pain meds kicked in, all I wanted was my results.  Nevermind the piece of laminate sticking through my leg.   Well, my results and bloodwork were stable.  The office called me with the info.  I was thrilled (not about the leg).

The ER doc removed it the same way it went in after numbing it.  It was wrapped and I was given 7 days of antibiotics.  It's still so ugly right now healing up.  Not beach material at all!  That was enough for the day.  No celebration.  I just wanted to sleep.

The next day I arrived at Hammers Bar and Grill where my dad and co-workers were doing a benefit for me to help with medical bills.  I was amazed at the turnout.  People I haven't seen in years were there.  We all had a great time.  My old boss flew up from SSI and one of my friends drove up.  I was so glad they could make it.  They were able to raise over $6,000 for me.  It has been a tremendous help.  I owed so much from the embolisms, checkups, scans, tests, and the week long stay in the hospital.  And I had filed bankruptcy 16 days before I ended up in the hospital so couldn't include any of that.  So, now I feel like I can breathe thanks to all of my family and friends who came out and the ones that donated on the GoFundMe site along with the crew at Hammers.  I sincerely thank you!  They say it takes a village, and I love my village.  I was glad my whole family got to be there (mom, dad, and lil sis & brother in law).  It's very rare we are all in the same state.

There were plenty of raffles and we tried (unsuccessfully) to play volleyball.  Face it guys, we're getting old.  My daughter would have killed it out there.  Mandy Busch's efforts were my favorite.   Love you Mandy!  After a while, I became so hot that I started getting goosebumps.  I didn't think that was a good sign so my friend Norma Jean and I stayed at a hotel across the street.  She put cool compresses on me to bring my temp down.  She's always taking care of me somehow.

We had a pretty low key Memorial Day.  It rained here so we mainly just hung out at the house and Karley HAD to have Japanese food.  I told her she really needed to study up on her history.

So, that's about it for the month of May.  My dad turned a little bit older and had a unicorn cake at my event.  My 3 year old niece picked it out.  It had sparkles.  I am going to overload this post with pictures from the event, memorial day, and the some of the professional shots from LUNGevity that came out, thanks to their photographer, Ellis.  Enjoy, and I promise not to take so long to write again!  May was a good month.  I've noticed my fatigue increase a little, but I'm still so blessed to be here.

Thank you all for your continuous prayers for my family, friends and me.  I don't know where we would be without them.  Thank you God for allowing me to have this time with the people I love.

Hammer's Event





























LUNGevity Extras
















Shanked




Memorial Day







I still have so much faith in mankind because of all of you.



6 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good month and the results were stable. Sending prayers and love to the most beautiful person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dr Williams for everything he have done in my life. I have been in tears for so many years now, having found that my wife is suffering from breast cancer, lesion after some years of being under extreme stress., . I spent 24 hours freaking out and finally calmed down after reading some testimony on here about Dr Williams herbal medicine to cancer . The moment came and I mumbled out to my wife about Dr Williams product (with a few tears) and she was AMAZE – . i was so mush worried about her health, been free from this illness, that was how will order for Dr Williams product on line , after my wife finish taking Dr Williams medicine for just within a period of one month. Will went to the doc together who confirmed that she was cancer free.
    Thank you again for being upfront, truthful and taking this pain away from my family for more information about his product you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com i hope you can also help other terrified people in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on YouTube so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have lungs cancer. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my cancer status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from lungs cancer within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete


  5. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididanspelltemple for the cure, he will help you out
    with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete