Hope

Hope

Friday, November 10, 2017

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Crazy...and A Challenge

Yes, I'm talking about the stores that seem to put out Christmas decor earlier and earlier every year.  It's like we're totally skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving.  And it Lung Cancer Awareness Month now and I should've written something sooner but have been busy.   And....

Yes, I'm talking about myself as usual!  No worries, nothing bad.  Just the financial burden having cancer really has on someone.  But, I'm here thanks to the Grace of God, and my hospital of course.  Which reminds me that the 4th Annual Team Draft Super Bowl Challenge has begun.

I was part of the inaugural challenge and came in third.  So, I was flown out to Arizona for the Taste of the NFL and other events surrounding Super Bowl 49.  It's also where I was blessed to meet Paul and Lucy Kalanithi.  These two are amazing.  Sadly, Paul passed away just a little over a month after actually going to the Super Bowl.  Our group that year automatically clicked.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  If you don't know who Paul and Lucy are, you should google them.  They wrote the best selling memoir, "When Breath Becomes Air" where Paul shares his experiences and meanings of life.  The book ends with Lucy sharing her experience after his death.  Paul, Lucy, and superstar baby Cady will always be in my heart and I know I made a lifelong friend in Lucy from this trip.  It was good to be with people that understood and to say "hey, I have stage 4 lung cancer".  Just to say it, the looks we got from such famous people.  Many thought we were originally joking.  That's right, we weren't the poster children for lung cancer....but that was changing.

Not only is Team Draft trying to change the face of lung cancer, but  80% of donations to each persons account go directly to the hospital of their choosing.  This money doesn't go to the NFL or some other organization.  It goes straight to the source.  To your hospital for lung cancer research.

Each year I represent Piedmont Atlanta and the Falcons.  Although I've only gone once, I still participate.  It's not about going.  It's about funding research, at the source.  If you would like to donate, here is the link 2018 Team Draft Super Bowl Challenge.

Also, I want to start a group here in Georgia for Lung Cancer survivors.  So here's the deal.  If you live in Georgia and would like to meet occasionally, please email this blog or me on facebook.   I'll probably be reaching out to some of you soon but I don't know everyone in Georgia that follows this.

Well, don't forget, it's lung cancer awareness month.  The month I heard those 4 words that changed my life forever 5 years ago.  I'm so thankful to still be here.

Thank you for your continuous prayers and please keep them coming.  Not just for me, but for so many others that are in need right now.  God bless.

And sorry for the pic overload. Just wanted reshare my experience from Arizona.  How could this not be amazing?!










































4 comments:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from CANCER, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered cancer in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of abnormal vaginal bleeding, and she always have pain during sexual intercourse. . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to cancer . I never imagined cancer. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. cancer. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Commenting on someone's blog about their life with cancer and you decide that you should push some voodoo medicine on her as a consolation prize? Wow.....

      Delete
  2. Hi, really enjoyed skimming your blog. Thanks for sharing your story. I am a healthcare professional working on lung cancer research. Would love to get your thoughts on a Lung Cancer project my team just launched. You can view our site here http://lungcancerproject.launchrock.com/ Would you be willing to help spread the word if you believe in our vision?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROKEN HEART MADE WHOLE AGAIN...
    I never had a thing nor belief with spell casters until I saw a need for it when someone so dear to my heart left me for another man who doesn't even give a damn about her. Thanks to Dr. Odinani Owelle who used a spell to bring back my girlfriend to me in just two days when she came weeping and asking I forgive her for ever letting go and that she was gonna make up every bit of lost time and make me happier than ever for making me sob one bit
    I came in contact with Dr. Odinani Owelle in a blog and thought of giving it a trial because I could not imagine that someone I love with all my heart was gonna leave me right under my close watch, the and then did I get to know that my close watch was not good enough. Like promised, Dr Odinani Owelle kept to his just words that brought back my love home to daddy and I am gonna love her more.
    Wanna reach out to all the broken homes and relationships via this post of mine to believe that their problems can always be fixed, just get the right person to do it and I testify that there is no other right person as Dr. Odinani Owelle the real spell cast in the world Contact Him on hi's email adders odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com.Or odinanisolutioncentre1@gmail.com
    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Spiritual bulletproof
    3. Training
    4. Money spell
    5. Long life spell
    6. Prosperity spell
    7. Protection spell
    8. Get a job spell
    https://drodinanisolutioncentre.blogspot.com WhatsApp number is +15732069284
    .

    ReplyDelete