Hope

Hope

Saturday, March 26, 2016

I Got Hitched Y'all

That translates to "I got married you all".  Just making that clear for my friends in the north and out west.

The weather was predicting a 90% chance of thunderstorms.  Ours was an outdoor venue.  I kept thinking in my head that later on I would be saying, "I got married...in a garage" just as Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama said, "You have a baby....in a bar".  We all prayed our hearts out and God answered them.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect and beautiful day.  Not too hot or cool.  Just perfect.  The venue was beautiful (my old place of employment).   The owner, Joe McDonough has been like a second dad to me and was so gracious to host this for us.  It really was a dream wedding, although I could not dance well in that dress or those heels!  Thank you to all of Ocean Lodge.  You guys really are family!  Norma Jean, the favors were amazing!

I haven't gotten the photography pics from that night, but I've posted a few below thanks to Chris Draft and some helpful friends and family. Believe me, when I get them I'll just post a blog of pics.  This ceremony was most important because we committed to each other and married under the eyes of God, because we do love each other so much.  During the pre-marital counseling, the preacher looked at Brent directly and said, "you do know what you're getting your self into with the for sicker part, right?  I want you to be totally sure and honest."

Without a moments hesitation, Brent replied, "I would take care of her for the rest of my life, even if we weren't getting married."  Wow.  That moment erased any doubt that could've been there.  And he does.  When I am not feeling well he waits on me all of the time.  He brings me beautiful roses once a week, always a different color.

When I was diagnosed, I felt I would never find love, happiness, and was doomed to a life of awaiting on an impending slow and painful death.  Quite the contrary has happened.  The diagnosis has forced me to live.  To take chances I wouldn't have taken before.  To have this wedding and go on the honeymoon of my dreams (thanks Glenda and all who donated) to London and Paris in June.

I want to see and do as much as I can.  But for now, I'm still resting.  I somehow managed to get a stomach virus right after the wedding.  On the plus size I lost 6 lbs.  But it was awful.  Thank you to the doctor(s) that invented phenogren.   This whole week has seemed like one day because of how much I've slept.

Anyways, I'm tired again but had to let you all know I'm now Mrs. Thompson but you can still call me Mixon. Arash does.

Thant you God for your continuous guidance and strength and patience.  And thank you to all of you who keep us in your prayers. They always mean so much.  Please pray for a new friend, Victoria, stage 4 lc at 28, my cousins son Connor (brain tumor), Ansley Jones (leukemia relapse) and Carmen Frye (post surgical complications).   Please pray for me too.  I have scans next week. Prayers that they will still be unable to detect any cancer are greatly appreciated.  Love you and God bless you all!






























No comments:

Post a Comment