My sweet angel

My sweet angel

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Live Like You Are Dying

Tim McGraw knew what he was doing when he wrote that song.  It's something we should all do.  If you've never heard it, I encourage you to do so.  I guess the majority of our population do not think about things like this because they've never had that moment.  That one moment.  That moment when time stops and you realize, this could be it, this could be the real end.  What in the world have I been doing with my life?  Working?  Stressing?

The thing is, there is so much I want to do and experience while I am able and feel good enough to do it.  I've seen so many of my lung cancer friends decline, quite frankly, in all honesty, this girl is scared.  Everyone tells me, "you're going to be fine" and "you're doing great" and "you're going to beat this".  I appreciate the sentiments, I really do.  It's just that, I don't think any of us can really know.   Only God knows that.  I know I'll be fine, but I don't know I'll beat it.  There are two places I can be fine.  I will be fine no matter what happens.

So, my dilemma right now is not which medical trial to enroll in or what medication to take.  My dilemma is to do what I want to accomplish before I'm put in a wheelchair, in the hospital or on an oxygen tank.  I want to go places and see things.  I want to ride in one of those airplanes that actually give you a bed (Delta) and go to Europe.  I want to see the Louvre in Paris, take a boat tour in Venice, see Buckingham Palace in London and try to make a guard laugh.

I know it sounds so silly.  I should be worried about staying alive and researching and how each scan will turn out.  But quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn right now.  I want to do so much, but it's all "just in case".  I don't want to be so sick I can't enjoy my bucket list.  By then, I won't even feel like doing it.

I have had a wonderful life so far, I can't complain.  I've been many place and experienced many things.  So, if none of those bucket list items come true, I'll be okay.  As long as I have my family.  We can just go to Vegas and probably do all of those things AND see some pyramids AND Elvis.  

This living in limbo just sucks.  It sucks so bad.  I feel bad complaining because of all of the friends I have that are worse off, but I couldn't sleep so decided to just come on out with it.  So, there it is.  I want a bed on a plane!

In other news, we head to Chicago in a few weeks because the girls came in the top ten in their NASKA divisions (karate) so will receive rewards for both sparring and kata.  So proud of them both.  They will also compete while there.  So please pray for them to return home unharmed.  It's the beginning of competition season.

I am finally getting my wedding stuff together.  I feel like such a slacker.  I wish I could invite everyone, but we are on such a tight budget due to medical bills and me not working and having two girls on a traveling competition team.  So, please don't be offended if you don't get an invite, I want you all there!  We just can't afford it all.

Thank you all for your continuous prayers for me and my friends and family.  Congratulations Kimberly for winning Team Draft's Super Bowl Challenge!  I'm so happy for you!  And to the runners up, you guys will have a blast!  That was one of the best highlights of 2015 for me and I met some wonderful lifelong friends.  And Chris Draft isn't so bad himself.   Kidding...he's amazing.

I never thought I would live to see this year, so most of all, thank you God for getting me here.  I'm not losing my faith, I'm planning my life with your guidance.   God bless you all!

One more thing, you can vote for my blog on this site http://www.healthline.com/health/best-health-blogs-contest

It would be amazing to see a lung cancer patient in the top ten!  I'm currently #6.  You can vote every 24 hours through facebook AND twitter.  So, please help keep this blog there....or you can get me a ride in one of those planes with the beds to Europe.  Your choice.

Kidding again!  Happy New Year and thank you for continuing to read my blogs.  It's a roller coaster...but it's worth the ride.  Here are some recent pics of Christmas and our Karate Kids.











16 comments:

  1. Jeremiah 17:14 is the verse that I cling to every day. You go girl! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cliff! God bless you too!!! And that's a great verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in 09/2015. I'm praying for him, you, and all of us. This cancer thing has gotten out of control. It's like walking into a war zone with no ammunition! God bless you my love. God bless us all.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in 09/2015. I'm praying for him, you, and all of us. This cancer thing has gotten out of control. It's like walking into a war zone with no ammunition! God bless you my love. God bless us all.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone,

    My Wife's Stage IV breast cancer and MS has just been cured with the cannabis oil gotten from DR. Henry Zimmerman, cannabis oil is great medication. To hell with the government and their insane policy, we have a medication that is hundred percent assured to cure cancer and you don't need to spend so much money on anymore on chemo, radiation or surgeries that wouldn’t work. Where to purchase, contact via: (zimmermanh67@gmail.com) My family is now a brand new one, so stop your worries and go get your medication and set the family free of the deadly disease that hold no respect to family harmony. Make your health a better one by using cannabis oil in your everyday life. contact Dr. Zimmerman on: (zimmermanh67@gmail.com) for all type of cancer cure.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, Sam. I am proud of you for always "Living Like You're Dying" and for being such a motivational person to those with cancer and without. Most people have not lived an ounce of the full life you have and never will (even if they make it to 100 years of age!) I'm sorry for the pain and uncertainty you face each day with, but admire your faith in what Your Heavenly Father has in store for you. He has blessed you with abundant love and a family friends who treasure each moment with you. I pray your wedding day will be joyous and filled with love. Happy 2016... May the Lord bless you with continued faith and healing. May He grant you that ride on a Delta Bed to Europe as well... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! Love you and can't wait to see you, hopefully tomorrow, if not Sunday, if I get over this cold. God bless you!

      Delete
  7. Is there a cure for skin cancer and lung cancer?
    Cancer Calendar (480)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have Quality Cannabis oil and medical marijuana for cancer cure, insomnia, back pain, to reduce stress and other illness.
    We are selling our products at very negotiable and workable prices. Apart from our very magnificent prices, when you buy from us, you are assured of the highest quality and purity available in the market, with a guaranteed discreet courier shipping or a special 24 hours confidential overnight delivery of the product to your address. We respect and value your privacy and will not share your information with anyone.
    We offer discreet and Reliable packaging and delivery. -Fast and reliable shipment within 24hours within the US and 48 hours internationally, using courier service , email:neistachemical@gmail.com
    website:neistachemical.cabanova.com
    skype:neista.chris
    text or call:+1(971)2366955

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello am paul vivian,am here to testify the good work of dr amadu who cured my mothers cancer with the help of canabis oil, it's a shame how most of these low life's and impostors find delight in
    scamming poor patients off their hard earned money.I'm a veteran and forty
    2 years now my mother has been suffering from cancer and was diagnosed
    with the following ailments Cancer Chronic Pain,Major Depression .After
    undergoing chemotherapy she was recovering,but after a few months, she
    was diagnosed with lung cancer.This got the whole Family worried .As God
    would do his things ,one blessed evening while watching TV i followed a
    program talking about Cannabis and Cannabinoids CBD OIL and how is
    effective in killing cancer cells.I then did some research over the net
    and came across this one time Cannabinoids dealer by name ,,,papa amadu. I was
    skeptical but i decided to give him a try.LoL!!! and behold within 48
    hours after i ordered, i received the oil in tubes of 5 ml in tact and
    safely. Immediately we placed our mother on a daily dosage of twice per
    day drops in her mouth .This lasted for more than a month and today i
    tell you that today she can now lead a better quality of life free of
    pain and i am so grateful.This is why i have taken out this time to
    write all of this cos i know there are many patients out there who are
    finding so much difficulties in getting their medications and are
    suffering severe health conditions. so try cannabis oil and CBD Extracts
    you who is suffering from such ailment of cancer etc and you can
    contact papa amadu on his Email.dramaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatapp him on +2349052645237.GOD bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously came across Dr Ekpiku the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his email: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Ekpiku that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or whatapps, call +2348073673757.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone here i think would have gotten a piece of their share from cancer, with some being able to survive and others dying even with the high efforts of oncologists. I had lungs cancer due to the fact that i was a hardcore smoker Due to the terrain in Alaska. I started to have symptoms in 2008 and i was diagnosed in April 2009. Several therapies of treatment were prescribed but none seemed to help me. I had just less than a year to live. Less than 6 months to go i read about Doctor Roland who is a herbal doctor that treats cancer. At first i doubted because my case was chronic and even if he could help it was already late. I had nothing to lose so i contacted him and he was very encouraging even in my condition and i placed an order for the herbal medicine which i used for 3 months. Even before i was done using it i felt strong and after it all i went for diagnosis and i tested negative. This is a permanent cure because it's been three years from my supposed death and i am still very strong and alive. Do not give up soon on yourself just reach him on (dr.rolandoscar@gmail.com) i am positive that if i can be cured you too can. I pray for all cancer patients worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Son who is 19 years old who was diagnosed with Cancer of the lung and the cancer was in it final stage when we heard about Dr Ekpiku Hemp Oil and we where lucky to contact him via ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com and I bought his Medical Hemp Oil, which my son started using as his treatment for his lungs cancer. It now 3 months and my son is done with treatment. My son didn’t die, instead he is living in healthy condition with his lungs cancer totally gone, but still taking his medication. Dr Ekpiku, God will give you prosperity in all your endeavor in life. You shall be blessed abundantly. You gave my family a new meaning in life. Thank you Dr Ekpiku. you can contact him on: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com, and have cancer of all types cure and gone forever.Dr Ekpiku that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS,or whatapps, call +2348073673757.

    ReplyDelete

  13. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas,especially in my sex life.I was so afraid of infecting my boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times.Unfortunately,they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place. By reading in a specialized forum on the subject,mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to lose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent six weeks using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all people who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever,contact Alohaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Day Sir/Madam: Do you need an urgent loan to finance your business or in any purpose? We are certified,legitimate and international licensed Loan Factory we offer loans to Business firms.interest rate of 1%.

    Contact us today via:
    bdsfn.com@gmail.com
    anatiliatextileltd@gmail.com

    Available loans we offer are,

    1. Personal Loan
    2. Business Loan
    3. Investement Loan

    - Complete Name:
    - Loan amount needed:
    - Loan Duration:
    - Purpose of loan:
    - City / Country:
    - Telephone:

    Contact us today via:
    bdsfn.com@gmail.com
    anatiliatextileltd@gmail.com
    Get your instant loan approval

    Good Day Sir/Madam: Do you need an urgent loan to finance your business or in any purpose? We are certified,legitimate and international licensed Loan Factory we offer loans to Business firms.interest rate of 1%.

    Contact us today via:
    bdsfn.com@gmail.com
    anatiliatextileltd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  15. Never give up on treating your cancer for there is a cure and my husband was once a cancer patient, am Roodmore Wesie living in Belgium. Two years ago my husband suffered from lungs cancer and the doctor told us that nothing could be done, I was so frustrated and the thought of loosing my husband was so unbearable that I lost all hope.

    One faithful day my daughter told me that she had found a cure for cancer and she found it on the internet. Although i didn’t believe her I watched it anyway just to please her and after watching it I discovered that it brought my hope back and i wanted to give it a try.

    I and my daughter started searching for legitimate source that could provide the hemp oil that would cure my husband. We read a lot of testimonies online of how a lot of doctors has helped a lot of patients cured their cancer with hemp oil and it was on one of this sites we found a sole distributor of RSH oil,olokum, we contacted him Via his Email: ofemusolutiontemple@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348158836673 contact his united state office on +17123277356 which we found in the testimony we read.

    RSH oil is the best ever, I followed his instruction and now my husband is healthy and I am so excited, he can also cure, Hiv, Hepatitis B, Herpes virus, and so many just contact him for help he will answer you better.

    Thanks to RSH oil for helping my husband cure his cancer with his and for also making life worth living once again. We all love you wesie.... God Bless

    ReplyDelete