Hope

Hope

Friday, November 27, 2015

3 Years!

While most of you are probably scrambling to find amazing deals this Black Friday, I'm on the way up to visit Brent's family after visiting mine for Thanksgiving.  And as most of you are getting that Christmas shopping done, I'm silently celebrating my 3 year cancerversary.  That's right, 3 years!

I've had roller coasters, ups and downs, and am sure I will continue to do so.  But for today, I will be happy because I am still here.  I am alive, feeling great, and spending time with my family.

It's bittersweet, because we've lost so many in our community and even friends outside of the lung cancer community.  But I try not to think about that because everything is going great right now, although survivor's guilt lurks in the back of my mind...always.  And 3 years....NEVER did I really think I would make it this far.  I give it all to God.  Without Him and my doctors, and the support of my friends, family and church, there is no way I could have made it this far.  It takes a village.

Cancer does change your perspective.  I don't like arguing, staying mad, holding grudges....it's too short people, way too short and can change in the blink of an eye.  I am so Thankful for everything I have.  I hope you all are too.

So, Happy 3 year Cancerversary to me!

And thank you all for your continuous prayers and support.  Please pray for the families of the ones we lost this year, Gretchen, Paul, Dan, Brad, Alexis, and more.  Please forgive me if I forgot someone, I'm a little tired.   And please pray for the ones who continue to fight the good fight.  Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

I have scans in about two weeks, so I would appreciate all the prayers I can get.  Love you all!







2 comments:

  1. Keep up. I'll be your supporter.
    I got stg iv lung cancer met to lymph nodes bones spines esophagus and liver. I have been fighting it since August 2011. Be happy. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. Thank you so much for the encouragement. Praying for you!

      Delete