Hope

Hope

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gifts

What a weekend.  I'm not even sure where to begin, but will post a ton of pictures at the end so you can see how much we did.

I want to thank God for giving me the energy and strength to be able to do so much.  I also want to thank my family and friends who made it out to our Free to Breathe 5k.  It was so much fun!

We arrived in Atlanta Thursday night. Karley brought her friend Bella , so the three of us flew in on standby.  It was Bella's first airplane ride and trip to Atlanta.  She laughed so hard she cried.

I decided to take them to the World of Coke Friday.  I knew our friend and lung cancer advocate ,Chris Draft, lived near there so invited him to lunch with us.  While eating, he was approached by the coach for the Dream, Atlanta's WNBA team.  She asked if we would like to attend the game Friday night at Phillips Arena.  We decided to do it and Karley, Bella, and I went to the World of Coke after lunch.

The girls loved it and Bella tried every coke product in the world.  Then we went to a park where they both decided to spin around in some spin chairs until one fell off into the bushes and another got sick to her stomach (I warned them).  Thank goodness we already had plans with Chris for later and he lived across the street from the park.   We got there and bandaged one and let them rest.  Thank you Chris!  Then we helped him with his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge....which was hilarious!

Afterwards, we went to the Dream game.  They won.  The girls were more into meeting the cheerleaders and mascot, but they had fun.  Lots of pictures below.  Thanks again Chris!  Handling two only children all day was rough.  Couldn't have done it alone.

We got home late and had to be up at 6 am for the Atlanta Free to Breathe.  So many friends and family came out to show their support.   Thank you all!!!  I made a public speech (which has always made me nervous).  My friend Shermaine came out, even though she is having a tough time right now.  She desperately needs your prayers.  She's fighting the beast too and has two young boys she wants to see grow up.  So all prayer warriors, please pray for her.

Although our team didn't place, it felt amazing to cross the finish line with my girl this year.  She did such a good job and was ahead of me until the very end where she waited on me.  I love this girl more than I could ever put into words.

We met some great caregivers and warriors out there and it makes me want to do more, fight harder for those who can't right now.

We got home tonight and I'm exhausted, but wanted to get this out, because without all of you and our almighty God, I wouldn't be writing right now.  Please keep us in your continuous prayers.   This fight is not over.  I'm blessed that God has given me so much time already.


Romans 6:23 
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."








































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment