Hope

Hope

Monday, November 25, 2013

Ziggys, Falcons Game and Final MRI....for now

As promised, it's been pretty eventful since last Tuesday.  Tuesday night Ziggy's held a fundraiser for us.  Special thanks to Angel and Gary Hobby, Keenan and Monica Carter and Ziggys, Scott and Lee Whittington, St. Simons Community Church and Joey and Tavia Harrison and the Brick for helping make the fundraiser such a success.  Also, thank you to all of you who made it out to support us.  It means so much, we are so blessed to live in such a thoughtful community!  Thank you for your donations, support, and most importantly your prayers!








We arrived Wed. evening in Atlanta.  On Thursday we met with Chris Draft to go the Falcons v. Saints game.  Although the Falcons lost, we had an amazing time.  This was Karley's first pro football game.  I can't put into words how grateful we are to Chris Draft and Team Draft, Amanda Bartlett and Piedmont Atlanta, and Jennifer Leslie and Luke with 11 Alive news for their help in making this special memory for us.

We started off at the Hard Rock Cafe, Karley's first visit there too.  Here are a few pictures from the evening:













Team Draft does great work promoting lung cancer awareness by working to change the face of lung cancer and encouraging people to donate to local hospitals and research cancer centers.  He takes survivors to stadiums in honor of lung cancer.  He's a great person, and Karley absolutely loves him, and her new friend, Tony G.

I've been in a decent amount of pain from the radiation still.  Luckily, I have some pain medication for that.  Today we went for my FINAL MRI, unless my oncologist orders one.  It will be a year on Wed. since my craniotomy and diagnosis.   My MRI was still clean!  We are so blessed for this progress!

We were originally told my prognosis would be 12 - 18 months.  That 12 months is up on Wednesday and I think I've come a long way....thanks to our awesome God and some great doctors!

Thank you ALL for your support, love, and most importantly prayers!  You have no idea how much they mean and how grateful I am for them.  Your messages and words inspire me and I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!  I love you all and God bless you all!

Happy Thanksgiving!   And don't let Thanksgiving be the only time your thankful.  Be thankful every day for the what you have, you never know when it could change.


1 Thessalonians 5:18
"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ"

No comments:

Post a Comment