Hope

Hope

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall Festival, Halloween, Birthday, and how we are now

We had a great time at the fall festival this year at Karley's school.  The weather was perfect!  Here are a few pictures of Karley, her dad, and me all together.  Even though John and I aren't a couple, we try to do as much of Karley's activities together as possible.  Makes her super happy and he's a great dad!







Then, a few days later, it was Halloween/my birthday!  I had lunch with Karley at school.  She made me a cute hat to wear and gave me my birthday present.  Later that evening we went trick-or-treating.  She was a ninja.  Shocker!




All in all it was the best birthday and Halloween I could ask for.  I'm so thankful for all that I have, and each day I continue to have with my family and friends.

Lately I've had some back pain, in the area where the remaining tumor is located.  I'm hoping it's just a side effect of radiation.  It's effected my breathing a little for the past two days.  I just can't seem to get that deep breath sometimes.  It's very aggravating.  I'll call the doc about it Monday to make sure it's normal.

My friend, Angel Hobby, is working on a fundraiser down here in St. Simons for me so I'll post details as they arise.  She's been awesome, along with my church and ladies from bible study!

Karley is being baptized November 10th.  We are super excited so expect another post around then.

Otherwise, my next MRI is November 25th.  I'm glad we will be spending the whole week in Atlanta with our family and friends there.  It will mark the one year anniversary of my diagnosis.  I can't believe it's almost been a year now.

Please continue to remember the following additional people in your prayers:   Reggie Kimbell, Marjorie Polk,Tim Gravitt, Shelley Miller, Sheila Hodges, Seanna Reannon New, Peggy Fogerty, Gretchen Mitchell Anderson, Dylan Rosier, Tori Tomalia, and James Robert Smith.  They still all have their own battles.

Thank you for your continuous prayers for my family, friends, and me.

The support of my church, friends, and family has been truly amazing.  I can't imagine getting this far without you all, but most importantly, without our Lord.  I praise Him for the strength He gives me every day.  He brought me to it, I know He can see me through it.  I know I write this every time, but I genuinely mean it.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween and has a great November (Lung Cancer Awareness Month!).

2 Corinthians 5:7
"We live by faith, not by sight."



4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a Great Day. Thank You for all your posts-You are encouraging others through your Strength and Faith when it seems as though it should be us encouraging you. You seem to be an Amazing person-and Yes, God will bring you through it! Continued Prayers for you and your family (and friends). YEAH! for your daughters upcoming Baptism!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! It was a great past couple of days.

      Delete
  2. That is really cool that you and John attend things together for you daughter. Not a lot of people are able to do that. I hope you back pain turns out to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete