Hope

Hope

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Results 5/10/13

I apologize for not updating yesterday, I was exhausted from being at Piedmont all day.  My MRI is still clear and my lung tumors are still shrinking (according to the chest x-ray), praise the Lord!   I still will go for an MRI every 3 months but don't have to see Dr. Chandler, he can call me with the results.  I will go back in 6 weeks for a PetScan and to the oncologist to see where we really are.  Chest x-rays don't show that much detail.

He also let me know that I will be on Tarceva for the rest of my life, unless it quits working.  I am so thankful for these pills even though the side effects are not great.  I'm praying for a cure to this horrible disease!

I met a very brave woman, Marjorie, while waiting on my MRI.  I found out she went to high school on the same side of town I did and is only a year older than I am.   She is not getting good results from her meds right now.   She has a different type of cancer but is also stage IV with two children.  She needs our prayers for strength and healing!

Finally, my old friend Reggie had his voice surgery this week and is wasting no time using it.  I love him!  MD Anderson suggested fractionated radiation (which is radiation every day for 6 weeks) so he is going to Emory next week to see if they can do it there.  He's still got a long road but your prayers are helping both of us!

Mark 11:24

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment